- Hits: 2778
Coffin and Casket Manufacturing Manual
The following is a list of all the information that you will receive in the Coffin and Casket Construction manual that will be given to you at the workshop.
1. Introduction, giving important information about the business.
2. How to make the product according to SABS standards as efficiently and quickly as possible at affordable prices.
3. The types of wood used in the Manufacturing of Coffins, Caskets and Dome caskets.
4. The tools and machinery of the trade.
5. An explanation of how to use the machinery.
6. How to make sure that you follow proper health and safety rules which comply with the Labour Law.
7. A list of all the materials that you will need in the manufacturing process.
8. How to mix and match different types of would to create the coffins and caskets.
9. The type of paints and mixtures is used to finish the burial boxes and the suppliers thereof.
10. Suppliers of handle sets, decorations and trimmings for the coffins and caskets. (Includes contact numbers)
11. Customizing the product according to the specifications of the customer.
12. Lengthening a burial box with diagram. (A burial box means a coffin, casket or Dome casket).
13. Widening a burial box with accompanying diagram.
14. Re-enforcing the burial box for bigger than normal people.
15. Templates, what they are, how they are used and why you cannot be without them.
16. How to make templates of your own economically. How to create a cutting list using the dimensions provided in the book for every size and pattern that you may want to use.
17. Diagrams of all the jig templates. No coffin can be built without a jig. A jig helps you to form the coffin and it saves a lot of time during the manufacturing process.
18. How to make the jig. You will need to make at least 7 jigs, one for each size. You only make one jig for every size and then use the jig over and over. The jigs help you to measure and assemble the coffin.
19. Diagram and measurements of every jig for every size.
20. How to assemble every jig.
21. Diagrams that explain the differences between coffins and caskets with detailed explanations.
22. Information on grave sizes and coffin sizes
23. Table of inside measurements of the burial boxes.
24. Detailed diagrams and explanations on the manufacturing of an adult coffin.
25. Diagram showing how to cut the side panels.
26. Diagram showing how the markings on the side panels are made.
27. Degrees at the cutting points.
28. Aligning the side panels.
29. How to guide the side panels around the shoulder of the jig.
30. Calculating and illustrating the shaping, bevelling and grooving of the panels.
31. How to make sure that the handles will be attached at the right point accompanied by diagram.
32. How to cut the floor of the coffin.
33. How to attach the floor so that the manufacturer makes sure that the bottom will never fall out or that the coffin will not leak.
34. How to insert the head and toe of the coffin.
35. How to remove the finished coffin from the jig.
36. How to prepare and make the lid.
37. Diagrams and explanations of the different standard types of lids.
38. Using a magic block.
39. How to attach the decorations on the different types of coffins.
40. Flat top coffin plus diagram.
41. Open face coffin plus diagram.
42. Open face with cross pus diagram.
43. Raised open face plus diagram.
44. Open face apron plus diagram.
45. Two tier open face plus 3 diagrams.
46. Three tier open face plus diagrams.
47. How to attach the finishing strips correctly.
48. How to cover holes and marks on the wood.
49. How to make a simple casket, together with the measurements and diagrams.
50. How to make a 2 tier, 3 tier and 4 tier casket together with measurements and diagrams.
51. How to make a Dome casket, together with the measurements and diagrams.
52. How to customize caskets so that they are unique.
53. The different types of caskets plus diagrams.
54. Cost effective formulas (12 in total) easy make yourself, to grain and stain the boxes. Materials for mixing the formulas can be purchased from a hardware store.
55. How to grain and stain your burial boxes.
56. A Diagram of a wall brackets used in the staining and graining process.
57. Storing the staining and graining mixtures.
58. An explanation of what to use and how to trim the boxes.
59. Identifying the handle sets, positioning it and matching it with the correct sizes.
60. How and when to line the burial boxes.
61. Approximate ages for each size.
62. How to transport finished coffins.
63. The plot dimensions for burial.
64. Quality control.
65. Cutting guide to be given to the supplier of wood. The supplier will use the cutting list to cut the wood for the jigs and the coffins, caskets and Dome Caskets.